In less than two weeks, Liberty must begin her vocation. Every girl in Aldonia wishes she had Liberty's vocation. Liberty would rather flee from Aldonia and live on her own, independent of the all-controlling government, the Regimen Custodia Terra. The high electrical Boundary Fence crushes any thought of escape. The ID implant imbedded in her hand makes it impossible to hide. She has no choice but to submit. Liberty is slated to be a Breeder.
As vocation day draws near, a man with an obsession for Liberty attacks her and injects her with a drug. She’s about to lose consciousness when someone comes to her rescue, a man in a mottled cape and dark glasses. She wakes in an underground facility where people watch over Aldonia with an array of monitors and surveillance equipment. These people are full of secrets, but she discovers one thing: they rescue a man scheduled for re-education. They rescued him. They can rescue her.
Liberty - Saoirse Ronan
Dedrick - Dave Franco
About the Author
Excerpt from the book
While wrapping her fingers around the grip of a pistol, Silver gave me a sideways glance.
“You’d better watch yourself. Don’t want to get caught talking like that.”
No one seemed to have a problem with breaking laws, all sorts of laws, but everyone worried about what you said.
Author' Top 10
1. San Francisco, California where I was born
2. Guam where I lived as a child—because places look so different from how you remember
them growing up
3. Oahu where I lived as a child—and the other Hawaiian islands while I'm at it
4. Florence, Italy where one of my unpublished books is set
5. All of Italy because I love that old world feel
6. Black Hills, South Dakota where one of my other stories takes place
7. Prescott, Arizona where I lived for one wonderful year and where the weather is perfect and the landscape diverse
8. Southern Arizona, in the winter, where two of my stories take place
9. Luray Caverns in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley because I used the area in one of my stories!
10. But I really, really want to stay at a dude ranch in a Southwestern state. Maybe we will when our boys are older.
Complete Book Tour Listing